SANDING AND REFINISHING
GETTING RID OF THE OLD SURFACE AND FLATTENING OUT YOUR WOOD FLOORS, SANDING AND REFINISHING WILL MAKE YOUR FLOORS LOOK BRAND NEW. MANY YEARS OF FOOT TRAFFIC, FURNITURE SCRATCHES, AND NATURAL DECAY WILL WEAR THE COATING AND FINISH OFF OF YOUR FLOORS.
1. Assessment – Our highly skilled technicians will analyze and estimate exactly what you need in order to renew your hardwood floors. When assessing your floors, we will let you know how extensive operations need to be.
2. Preparation – Every job is unique, and preparation work will be tailored to meet your flooring needs. Some projects will require us to relocate furniture and ornaments. Additionally, we may have to prepare vents and radiators so that debris does not settle inside. Work prepartion includes and is not limited to….
Demolition: Removal of existing carpet
Repairs: Certain areas will need to be patched up, replaced, or restain
3. Sanding Process – At this point our technicians are ready to bring in the big machines, edgers, rotary sanders, and even vacuums to begin the sanding process.
4. Staining – If requested, we will provide you with stains you can choose from to add color to your floors. If you are really particular about a certain shade or tone you want your floors to be, we will provide you a complete custom staining service, which entails working with you to create a customized stain for your floors.
5. Finishing – Lastly, we will coat your floors with 3 stages of polyurethane water-based or oil-based finish. You have the option of choosing the sheen (matte, satin, semi-gloss, or gloss). We use one of the most reliable product to ensure your floors have great durability.
SOMETIMES THERE ARE A FEW BOARDS THAT NEED TO BE REPLACED OR IN MOST CASES, SOME PARTS OF THE FLOOR JUST NEED EXTRA ATTENTION. REPAIRS CAN BE MADE TO REVITALIZE YOUR FLOORS.
Scheduling – Make an appointment for us to come and assess your floors.
Assessment – Repairing floors requires extensive knowledge and experience due to the fact that every repair is unique. Understanding that each project has its own delicacy, we assess each situation with care in order to apply the correct procedures. Working with you, we will provide a variety of options to proceed with the repairs.
Preparation - We ask that you remove all items and objects away from the working area. We’ll be happy to assist you with moving the heavy furnitures if you request it in advance.
Repairing- After assessing the floors, we will prepare the project for any or all of the procedures below:
Board Replacements: Some damaged floors may be isolated and repaired individually by replacing a few boards.
Wood Filling: Some floors may need a touch up by filling up the spaces between boards
Sanding & Refinishing – In general, sand and refinish would be applied to the working area to match existing floors within the home.
ADDING VALUE THAT WILL LAST SEVERAL DECADES WITH PROPER CARE, INSTALLING NEW HARDWOOD FLOORING IS ONE OF THE BEST FEELING HOMEOWNERS WILL EXPERIENCE.
Scheduling - If you plan to install new hardwood floors in your home, schedule an appointment for a free estimate. Free consultation is included.
Brainstorming - We’ll work with you to select the hardwood floors that best fit your lifestyle.
Preparation – We assess each situation differently and devise preparation work tailored for each project. Each project may be subjected to:
- Demolition: Removal of existing floor, carpet, or tiles.
- Subfloor Work: Installing proper subfloors (i.e. plywood), moisture barriers, or silencers.
- Leveling: Smoothing out the ground or subfloors to ensure consistency
Acclimation – Prior to installing your floors, we allow the wood to assimilate itself in the environment of the project. Proper acclimation ensures the longevity and quality of the hardwood floors.
Installation – We ask our clients to remove all items away from the working area until completion. If you need assistance moving heavy furniture, we’d be happy to help.
Staining – If requested, we will provide you with popular stains you can choose from to add color to your unfinished floors. We also provide custom staining if you have a specific color or tone you
Sanding & Finishing – For unfinished floors, we’ll buff and sand accordingly to apply 3-coats of water-based or oil-based finish.
WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING TO REFRESH YOUR CURRENT FLOORS OR INSTALL NEW FLOORING, WE PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR CUSTOM STAINING SERVICE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CREATE A COLOR AND TONE THAT MATCHES YOUR PREFERENCE.
Scheduling – Virtually, there is an unlimited color, shade, and tone you can have for your floors. If you have a particular color and/or tone you want, schedule an appointment with us to learn about your customization options.
Consultation – We’ll work and consult to find a stain that best matches your taste. If you can describe and provide pictures or samples of your ideal stain, we can achieve a near perfect match.
Blending – After gathering the details of your preference, we will blend a few samples for you to choose.
Preparation – Once you happy with a stain, we ask that you remove all items and objects from the working area. We will be happy to assist you with moving heavy furniture.
Application – After finalizing the custom stain, we will apply the stain onto your floors. Every custom stain is unique and requires time to cure and dry. WE will consult with you on the time and scheduling for the full application of the stain.
Sanding and Finishing – Once the stain is cured, we will sand accordingly and apply 3-stages of water-based or oil-based finish.
Call Tommy Tele: 617-774-8802 Fax: 781-605-2242 Email : email@example.com
Tommy Hardwood Floor Company In Malden, MASS
Pre-finished Hardwood Floor Installation
Site Finished Hardwood Floor Installation
Engineered Hardwood Flooring Installation
Hardwood Stairs Installation
Hardwood Floor Repairs
Water Damage Restoration
Hardwood Floor Resurfacing
Hardwood Floor Sanding, Buffing and Re-coating
Hardwood Stairs Refinishing and Repairs
Custom Exotic Wood Flooring
Professional Floor Rejuvenation
Oil based finishes, Water based finishes, Swedish finish
Custom Inlays, Medallions
Handrails, Staircases, Landings
Your floors are like our floors.
Tommy takes great pride in his work and customers satisfaction.
Don't hesitate to ask us a question or inquire as to why a certain process has to take place. We want you to know just how special you and your project are to us, so we do our very best to ensure that you and your needs always come first. We even have a free estimate where we'll come out to you! We are a fully insured company.
"we believe in having repeat customers and referrals therefor we take great pride of our work"